Research ^Does Not^ Take Too Long Assisted UX Research Project
If I hear that research takes too long even one more time, I might explode. There are a myriad of ways that a researcher can come to a conclusion about a hypothesis — and not all of them require scheduling user sessions.
Yes, I said it. And I stand behind it. To kick off the project, I’ll do a 90 minute intensive with the researcher in which we will actively look for ways to reduce the time to result. In that session we will:
- nail down the goals
- bang out a plan to shorten the knowledge gap before talking to users
- define the research methods to use
- set the schedule
Recruiting participants can be the hardest part of the project. I can explain how outsourced user recruiting works and, if we go down that path, I can recommend my trusty vendor. (I have no affiliation, these are just folks I’ve worked successfully with).
Once the project begins, I’ll be there to support your researcher from start to finish. I will:
- Review the session script, and provide edits & comments in Google Docs
- Review the user recruiting brief, and provide edits & comments in Google Docs
- Review the participant screener, and provide edits & comments in Google Docs
- Give you access to all my Dirty Dirty Downloads templates & swipe files
While your team is conducting the research, they can reach me for 2 urgent we need quick advice calls. We’ll wrap it up with a 60 minute end of study debrief and next steps call.